Windows Core App runs under single-purpose Kiosk user and does not allow direct debugging while the Kiosk user is signed in. To debug your Applet on Windows machine, follow either of these guides.
Currently you can debug since version 3.0.0 through following steps:
- Allow Native Debug in Box
- Open a chromium based browser at about://inspect
- Add your device IP to configuration, debug is running at port 9222.
- The clickable device should appear under the Remote Target
- Start Debugging
Version 1.x.x and 2.x.x debug:
- Exit the Kiosk by pressing
CTRL + ALT + DEL, you will see a login screen
- Select admin account under which you installed Windows Core App and login
- Once logged in as an admin user, open Edge (browser)
- Start debugging
If you ever need to retrieve the password from a set up device, you can use the following command via PowerShell:
Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" | Select-Object -ExpandProperty DefaultPassword
Device not showing on a list
If the device is not showing up try to reload the page. In rare cases it might take minutes to load.