This provisioning is mandatory for any device running on the free Device Plan Open; optionally, this process is also available for any device under any other plan.
Core App with built-in Applet allows you to compile a native application with your Applet into a single package. This way, once you install the bundled package, your Applet immediately starts up and the device is Auto-Verified in your account.
- Develop, build and upload your Applet to signageOS using signageOS CLI (Read more here)
Steps for building and deploying Core App with built-in Applet
- Generate Core App with built-in Applet from the Applet detail for any supported device
- (Optional) Upload the generated package to your server
- Install from provisioning link (or your own server) to devices
- Auto-Verification of the device
1. Generate your Core App with your built-in Applet
- Navigate to Box to the Applet section:
- Open the detail page of your Applet and click Device-app Builder
- Go to the Build tab and find the platform you want the Core Apps to be built for
- Click the Build button and wait for the process to finish (it might take up to 20 minutes)
- Once the building process is done, continue to  Install from the provisioning link
- (Optional) Download the zip files and continue with the next step
2. (Optional) Upload the generated package to your server
This step is optional. If you do not want to host the bundled package on your own server, continue to  Install from the provisioning link.
For your convenience, signageOS provides you with free temporary hosting for your Core app with a built-in Applet on
0099.io domains. You can use the generated URL for provisioning the device of your choice.
Both domains are owned and managed by signageOS.
At this point, the Core App with built-in Applet is generated and you can download the package by clicking on the Download link:
As a result, a ZIP package will be downloaded.
*.zipyou download from the Box includes all necessary files required by each platform for installation and provisioning.
- Unzip the zip package and upload all files and folders to your server with no modification. Always keep all files and folder structure unchanged.
- Make sure that files are available within the devices' network.
Always upload the whole structure to your server! In case you miss any file or change folder structure, the installation process will not work.
We recommend using Amazon S3 or Azure Blob Storage as your static servers.
If your files are uploaded to your server, continue with the following step.
3. Install from the provisioning link (or your own server)
It's recommended to use the provisioning links provided by signageOS on the 0099.io and 9900.io domains. If there is a need for using your server, make sure you uploaded all files and folders.
- Note down your provisioning links:
- Follow the standard provisioning guide for each respective platform
Anytime the provisioning guide mentions any
Core App URL use YOUR server URL where you uploaded your apps instead of the generic signageOS URL
4. Auto-Verification of the device
Important notes related to this type of provisioning
Reference folder structure for all platform types
If you download all Core Apps with your built-in Applet, you will get set of
.zip files for each platform:
Once unpacked, you will get the following list of ready-to-be-installed files:
Tizen-specific installation URL
Always copy all folders and files to your static server including
Correct URL for Tizen URL Launcher
Always point the URL Launcher in the Tizen display to the FOLDER where is located the
Never put the file itself to the URL Launcher address. Example below is INCORRECT:
Test that the URL will work
To test your URL will work properly, access your server from browser and try to get the
Example of such URL is:
sssp_config.xml file is NOT reachable on the network, the app installation on Tizen will NOT work!