[Tizen] Stream playback issues & limitation
There are several restrictions in order to play streams on Tizen display:
Supported IP range
184.108.40.206 for streaming
UNsupported IP range
239.x.x.x DO NOT use these ranges for multicast streams on Tizen
- Streams in SD (640 X 480) require approx. 3-4 Mbps
- Streams in HD (1920 x 1080) require approx. 5-8 Mbps
Passing URL to JS SDK
The URL with the stream HAS to include the protocol while passing it to streaming JS SDK
- RTP stream URL MUST start with
- UDP stream URL MUST start
You cannot mix video playback and streaming
- Streaming is limited to 1 playback at 1 screen.
- Streaming + video playback is NOT supported on 1 screen
Due to this limitation you HAVE TO use a special signageOS Core App for Tizen that supports streaming.
Current version is
This special application can be installed via Box (image above) or via REST API by using the
To be able to play video stream in UHD resolution on Tizen device you have to stream
.ts files without transcoding.
Sample .ts video file: