n this step-by-step guide we will take you through provision process of your Windows machines.
A machine running Windows 10 architecture x86 (64 bit Windows) with connection to internet is required! Specifically Windows May 2020 Update (Version 2004, Build 19041) or higher.
- Clean installation of Windows OS
- PowerShell version 5.1 (or higher)
- Constant internet connection (Ethernet cable or Automatic connection to Wi-Fi)
- You can read about SignageOS Compatability with Windows versions here
- Download the latest Windows signageOS Core app installer. And run the .exe file to initialize installation.
YESin the UAC dialog window.
- Fill in password for Kiosk user and click
- Restart computer.
- Download the latest Windows signageOS Core app (.zip)
- Create a folder where you wish to install the app
PLEASE NOTE: Do not use the spaces in folder name
- Unpack content of the zip file into your folder
- Open Windows PowerShell, make sure you run as administrator
- Run following command:
Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope LocalMachine -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Force -Confirm:$false
- All Shell installation and unistallation scripts are described in the readme file located in the unzipped installation package folder
- Navigate to your folder
- Once you are in your directory, execute command
- Input your password for Kiosk account once prompted
- Once the installation is finished you should be notified
- You can close PowerShell command prompt and restart the computer
- After restart device should display hash for registration
Learn how to add new device via BoxContinue here
Learn how to add new device via REST API!Continue here
To deprovision device you can extract scripts from our exe installer or you can download these script alone.
- Extract installer executable using 7-Zip.
- Navigate to the extracted folder to
- Run powershell as administrator
- Navigate to folder with downloaded scripts
- Execute Uninstall scripts
How to get out from the Kiosk app signageOS Core App for Windows runs natively in Windows Kiosk mode. To exit the Kiosk mode and access login screen press
How you handle Windows Updates Windows updates are disabled by default.
Why is my device not showing any screenshots? This behaviour occurs when a windows native remote desktop software is connected. The screenshots will not be available until the remote user is disconnected.
How to retrieve the password as a system administrator? User needs to be signed in as Admin, Run Powershell as Admin and then run Powershell command:
Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" | Select-Object -ExpandProperty DefaultPassword
Password should be available afterwards
How to get multiple displays detected as one? For Windows machines it is possible to have a setup with multiple displays detected as one, this is available through native graphics drivers (Nvidia or Intel Graphics). Select your displays and pick option to merge the video outputs into one. Below is example from the Intel variant