signageOS can run on any Android device from version 4.4 up to the latest 11+. Because each Android device and version is different, it's important to define officially supported devices.
signageOS defines these categories of Android devices:
- Professional players and SoC displays running Android
- Consumer-grade tablets and phones running Android
- Partially supported devices
- Other Android devices
1. Professional players and SoC displays running Android
Under this category belong all players and SoC displays that are listed as separate brands in the Supported devices section. These devices are tested, validated and long-term supported by signageOS.
2. Consumer-grade tablets and phones running Android
signageOS supports any Android tablet or phone with this configuration:
- Minimal Android version 7 and newer
How To Install SignageOS On Android Tables and PhonesStep by step guide for device provisioning
3. Partially supported devices
Partially supported devices are not officially supported, but signageOS adjusted the Android client to work well on such devices. signageOS does not provide any long-term support, guarantees or troubleshooting. Such devices were enabled usually on a project-basis.
- Allwinner DRCC-D88
- Allwinner A33 y3
- Alps Pegasus Ultra-stretch
- FrameXX sign3
- Geniatech ATV329A, ATV495X, ATV195X
- Geniatech APC390R
- Geniatech ATV1660K
- Hannspree HSG1351
- iiyama ProLite TW1023ASC-B1P
- MINIX X68-i
- Mobipintech DP600
- Realtek Kylin 32-bit
- Shuttle NS02
4. Other Android devices
Other Android devices can be used with signageOS as well. On these devices, users get an "Unsupported device" notification at the first launch. signageOS does not provide support for these devices and users are using them at their own risk. Most of the time it works without an issue.