SONY provisioning is in the process of fine-tuning. Kindly let us know if you run into any issues.
- Empty the USB flash drive, formatted to FAT32
- Fresh out-of-box or factory-reset Bravia display - see supported models
Tip: factory reset is located under Settings - System - About - Reset - Factory reset
Are you using a Deployment app (CoreApp bundled with Applet)?
Here are the steps to install your bundled application on Sony.
- Use Device Applet Builder and select version at least 4.3.7 to build then download the file
- Decompress the bundled applet to apk file and put it on a flash drive, together with the Core App bpk file (.pkg extension) downloaded from https://a.signageos.io/sony.bpk at least version 4.3.7
- Continue with the manual provisioning as instructed below.
- Do not remove the flash drive until the bundled applet has started.
- If facing a prompt to reinstall/uninstall the app, please select cancel.
- If the device doesn't enter the bundled applet, please hit the back button on the remote and select restart app button.
Download the version of the signageOS app
- includes device management and Applets support
signageOS CloudControl app
- includes only device management
Install via USB
- Download the signageOS app of your choice
- Put the downloaded *.pkg file to an empty USB flash drive
- Start the Sony Bravia display
- Once you see the Welcome/select language screen, plug in the USB flash drive
- Do NOT continue with language settings just yet
- Confirm the "Allow access to USB"
- Bravia B2B installer starts up
- Confirm the installation
- Confirm the Device owner for the signageOS application
- Confirm reboot
- UNPLUG THE USB flash drive before the Bravia boots up
- Continue with the display setup
- Confirm language
- Confirm Google T&C
- Confirm Sony Bravia Eula
- Now you can start the signageOS app from the menu
- Verify the device via verification hash
Sony Platform zero-touch provisioning
Sony Platforms with signageOS offers an option to provision device directly through our platform. You can follow this step-by-step guide to get your device online.
1. signageOS Box Account
2. phone with camera
- Access BOX in your browser and log in
- Navigate to Bulk provisioning and click Register devices to create a Recipe
- Select organisation for which the device should be registered under and fill in the rest of fields, please note that some fields are not optional (ie. MAC address)
- Once your Recipe is created you can see it in the list with Pending state - this means that Box is waiting for provisioning request from the device
- Next step navigate to Add device and select organisation under Sony Ownership Validation
- This step will generate a QR code, you can either scan the QR code with your own handheld camera device or navigate to the URL present - this will open a scanner App
- Turn on your Sony Device and you will be prompted with QR code on the device
- Scan the QR code on your Sony device with your camera device scanner App opened from step 6.
- Provisioning process should start automatically and the recipe created in step 4. should be marked as active instead of pending