Factory reset using the control button
To perform the factory reset with the control button your device must be installed with FW version 6.2.39 or higher.
- Disconnect power socket from the player
- Remove any storage devices from the player
- Hold both SVC and Reset buttons
- Connect power to the player
- Wait for the red Err LED to flash rapidly
- Release the SVC and Reset buttons
The error LED will stop flashing and the player will boot up
- Wait until the player completes startup reboots again - the reset does not happen until this second boot
- Replace the player's storage device if it was disconnected
Factory reset using a brightscript file
- Download the factory reset autorun.brs file by clicking here.
- Copy the autorun.brs file to the root directory of an empty SD card or USB thumb drive.
- Insert the SD card or USB thumb drive into the unit while it is powered off.
- Power on the unit.
- In a moment, you will see a yellow message on the screen that states "Deleting Recovery settings". You will then see this message: "Settings Deleted. Remove script from the sd card, and Restart".
- The script will delete itself and restart the player when complete. Once restarted, you should see a BrightSign logo on the screen with the firmware version that is installed on the unit.