Do you see a DEMO watermark on your Android device display? You can disable it. Follow the guide here.
How to make Android devices preliminary compatible with signageOS
If you are in need of using unsupported Android devices, please follow this guide:
1) Provide us with additional device details
- you will need to provide us with several details about the device
- the long-term support is not guaranteed unless we have the devices in our office
- troubleshooting is limited to initial implementation, testing is on your own
- Enable USB debugging on the device (https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options#debugging)
- Connect the device via micro USB cable to PC (preferably Windows)
- Get a copy of Android Platform tools (https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools)
- Run these ADB commands (https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb):
adb pull system/framework
adb pull system/priv-app
adb pull system/app
adb shell getprop > getprop.txt
In your current directory there will be 4 folders/files worth hundreds of MB:
- Share these files with us over an online file-sharing service.
Device info appavailable on this link and share a screenshot with the information gathered by the device.
- Provide details on whether the device supports - Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or both.
Kindly send us the serial number printed on a sticker on the device or on the box, we'll check if it's also present in the software, so we can use it as an identifier.
You can extract Android logs from the device. More information can be found in the Applet Debug Over Weinre and Native Debug section
2) Contact us and agree on full device integration and long-term support
- for long-term support, we will need at least 2 testing devices in our office
- direct contact with the manufacturer of the device, or a quick Q&A through you
- minimum number of devices that will be deployed over 1000